The energy generated while at HIMSS16 is still flowing strongly here at Nordic. We had a great time learning, connecting with partners (new and old), and even giving back. Here's a recap of the things we learned, the great opportunities we had to connect, and even the positive impact we were able to make with a slight change to our approach. Oh, and their might be some fun sprinkled in their from #HIStalkapalooza. Enjoy!
Let's start with the learning. We checked in with employees and partners alike to get their insights. We started with our Nordic-Qlik partnership and then covered the gamut of Health IT topics (and a few fun evenings). Each of these short posts contains a brief video with HIMSS16 insights:
- #HIMSS16 - What the Nordic-Qlik partnership means for clients
- #HIMSS16 Highlights - Monday's CHIME CIO Forum, HIStalkapalooza Limbo
- #HIMSS16 - Tuesday pop health sessions, HIStalkapalooza CIO encounter
- #HIMSS16 - Where are we on the journey to value-based care?
- #HIMSS16 - CHIME CIOs discuss extending their EHRs to partners
We enjoyed the conversations that we had with clients and new connections both during and after the expo hall hours. Here's a look at our booth.
As a part of our reception, we decided to stray from the typical gift bags that guests often feel burdened with or simply discard. This year we offered our guests the opportunity to select from three charities that we would donate to on their behalf. Here are the charities we supported this year and the impact we were able to make together.
- Year Up - Year Up’s mission is to close the Opportunity Divide by providing urban young adults with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Votes during our event for Year Up totaled $640 that will help students’ professional and personal development and place these young adults on a viable path to economic self-sufficiency.
- Feeding America - As the largest domestic hunger relief organization, 98% of all donations raised by Feeding America go directly into programs and services for people in need. Votes during our event provided donations equal to 23,760 meals!
- Project HOPE - Project HOPE delivers essential medicines and supplies, health expertise and medical training to respond to disaster, prevent disease, promote wellness, and save lives around the globe. Votes for donations to Project Hope during our event totalled the equivalent of $126,000 in medical supplies across the globe.
Perhaps even better than doing good was the reaction that our guests had to this approach. They were thrilled to see the money that would have been spent go to these worthy causes. We'll definitely be considering this approach again next year.
You may have seen the picture of Nordic Practice Director Josh Kalscheur bringing home the gold on the HIStalkapalooza limbo competition. Here are a few additional highlights our talented digital media producer whipped up for you to enjoy. There are a few nice moments with the band.
What a fun and productive week in Las Vegas! If you didn't have a chance to connect with us, drop us a note.