Partnering with leaders and stakeholders from across the organization, including revenue integrity and clinical departments, Nordic implemented an array of initiatives that included charge router enhancement, Revenue Guardian rule creation, charge methodology optimization, and cost savings. This resulted in more than $17 million in recurring net revenue improvement, exceeding the goals of the project. Nordic created tailored solutions for the health system while actively transferring knowledge, minimizing ongoing maintenance, and avoiding workflow disruptions.
- Opportunity Discovery - Through propriety analyses, identified key areas of charge capture enhancement to optimize net revenue
- Stakeholder Interviews - Engaged stakeholders from affected departments to establish relationships and uncover additional, unseen opportunities
- Opportunity Validation - Worked with stakeholders to test the validity of identified opportunities, receive buy-in for solution implementation, and model the revenue impact of the issue
- Solution Creation - Collaborated with initiative champions to create solutions that would alleviate underlying issues, require little maintenance, and minimally disrupt established processes
- Solution Implementation - Created custom solutions for each initiative and took on any build, education, or process-related items while transitioning each solution to a designated client owner for ongoing insight
- Post-Implementation Monitoring - Post go-live, monitored downstream data points to confirm implemented initiatives were working correctly, staff were adhering to new processes, and net revenue was increasing
- Benefit Tracking - Tracked revenue associated with initiative-related charges and compared revenue to a baseline period; benefit figures were reviewed and validated by the project sponsor, project executive, and CFO